Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Social Responsibility

So I’m not even sure this is what I’m supposed to cover for this topic but I think it’s important. Before I left for Spain, all I heard from friends and family was “Be safe. Have a buddy. Never walk around without a friend.” I was so tired of hearing it. Like I know. I’m not five years old. But it really is important! I went on this trip only slightly knowing a few people so I was a little nervous about my roommate and having a buddy for my “buddy system”. However, I met 5 great friends in Spain that I hope I have for the rest of my life. And I am so grateful for them. We all looked after each other wherever we went. I always felt safe and we never let anyone go anywhere by their self. You need to constantly look out for others overseas in a place you don’t know. There are dangerous people out there just like in any country. Pick pocketing is a serious thing. My friend Arlena had her purse unzipped two times on Metro! And after the first time, all six of us would make sure everyone’s purse was zipped. We went out to a popular club in Spain and we made an agreement before we ever went that we were responsible for all 6 of us. So we didn’t leave that club until all 6 of us were ready. If going abroad, then have a buddy. Look out for pickpocketers. Keep your things safe. Stay safe. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I had very great time with you as well. I miss the sassy six

    ReplyDelete